Did you know, 60% of women*believe they need to meet certain beauty standards? We believe that beauty is for everyone and it’s our uniqueness that makes us beautiful.
That’s why we became the first beauty brand to commit to Changing Faces’ #PledgeToBeSeen campaign, to represent more people with visible differences across our campaigns.
Who are Changing Faces?
The charity, which is the UK’s leading organisation for anyone with a mark, scar or condition that makes them look different, provides vital support for people with a visible difference to lead the lives they want.
With more than half (54%) of people with a visible difference feeling ignored by brands**, #PledgeToBeSeen is all about turning the tide on a true representation of beauty and encouraging others to follow in our footsteps.
By creating campaigns that better represent society, including people who look different, we can challenge ideas of perfection and help create a world free from discrimination.
Because beauty is for everyone.
Want to help make a difference too?
17 -23 May is Face Equality Week, and there’s lots we can do as individuals to help change perception towards visible differences.
Here are five things you can do during Face Equality Week, and beyond, to support the cause:
- Listen to Changing Faces Ambassadors Tulsi, Brenda and Catrin share why seeing more people with visible differences in beauty campaigns is so important to them.
- Read Changing Faces Visible Difference report to understand how people with visible differences feel in the UK today.
- Host your own Face Equali-Tea Party, virtually or outside with friends, to raise funds for the charity’s vital awareness and support work.
- Call on other beauty brands to commit to #PledgeToBeSeen and share Avon’s campaigns and commitment with them to show how beauty is for all.
- Pick up a bottle of our beautiful Herstory Eau de Parfum, and we’ll donate 50% of sales to Changing Faces to help fund the charity’s Information and Support Line, to improve the lives of people with visible differences.
*Avon International research, 2018
** My Visible Difference online survey by ComRes for Changing, 2019. Data were weighted to be representative of UK adults by age, gender, region and socio-economic grade