Avon Suncare Safety Guide
We want our customers to enjoy the sun, safe in the knowledge that they are being protected with their Avon Sun + product. The safety and enjoyment of our customers is our priority and that’s why our expert skincare team research and produce the most effective sun care formulas.
The Avon Sun+ range protects the whole family from sun exposure and harmful UVA and UVB rays. Our sun lotions are dermatologist-tested, fragrance-free and kind to sensitive skin.
When using them, simply make sure you apply the lotion liberally and evenly 15 minutes before sun exposure. Reapply frequently and often, particularly following time in the water, excessive perspiration or toweling.
For further information on how sunscreen is developed and tested please visit the Cosmetic, Toiletry and Perfumery Association (CTPA) website.
Important sun safety guidance from the CTPA
- Seek out shade, particularly between 11am and 3pm, when the sun is usually at its most intense.
- Wear loose-fitting clothing and a wide-brimmed hat when in the sun and wear a good pair of sunglasses.
- Apply sunscreen 15-30 minutes before going out in the sun and reapply frequently and often throughout the day – you will need about a golf-ball-sized amount of cream for each application.
- Remember to reapply when you emerge from cooling off in the water.
- Never use sunscreen to extend the time you would normally spend in the sun.
- Drink plenty of water, particularly in hot weather. Keeping your water intake up prevents dehydration and maintains a healthy bladder and kidneys..